Someone has been intoxicated or poisoned? There's not a minute to lose. Call 1-800-463-5060.
What is the Poison Control Centre?
The Poison Control Centre (Centre antipoison) is an emergency telephone service available 24/7.
The Centre answers questions relating to the following situations:
- cases of acute poisoning, actual or suspected;
- exposure to toxic domestic or industrial products, pesticides and poisonous mushrooms, drugs or venomous animals;
- ingestion or inhalation of a chemical;
- exposure of the skin or eyes to a chemical product;
- improper use of a medication;
- work accidents involving acute exposure to a toxic product; and
- requests for information on a toxic product;
Note that the Centre antipoison du Québec does NOT answer questions about:
- bites of non-venomous animals;
- poisoning of an animal;
- chronic poisoning; or
- ingestion of a non-toxic object;
If you or someone you know has swallowed a non-toxic object, contact Info-Santé by dialing 811.
What to do if someone is poisoned?
Stay calm. And…
If a toxic product has been swallowed (in french only)
If a toxic product has come in contact with the eyes (in french only)
If a toxic product has come in contact with the skin (in french only)
If a toxic product has been inhaled (in french only)
Call the Centre antipoison without delay: 1 800 463-5060.
Don't wait until the person is sick or in serious condition before calling.